Here's an in-depth look at the special diet my doctor has put me on. The following foods are not allowed:
· Wheat (so, pasta isn't allowed, unless it's wheat-free or buckwheat pasta)
· Wuppertaler (whatever that is)
· Cow's milk (sugarless soy milk is allowed)
· Cantaloupe/Rock Melon
· Dried fruit
· Tea (except green tea)
· Tap water (I'm getting spring water delivered to my home)
· Peppermint (I had to find an organic herbal toothpaste)
· Benz. acid
· All other additives and preservatives
· Canned food (unless it's fruit with no added juice or sugar).
Sugar is in more or less everything. Juice, cereal, sauces... everything. Food that doesn't contain sugar usually contains wheat, which I'm not allowed to eat either (even soy sauce contains wheat). Basically, I can't eat any processed food. What's left is vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, meat and white rice. It's what my doctor calls a "Stone Age" diet.
Also, there are limits on how I can prepare my food. I have to eat about 50% of my food raw (vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, etc). The only cooking methods allowed are steaming, roasting or grilling. I can lightly fry veggies if I'm desperate. But I can't use oil unless it's coconut oil or olive oil. And I can't eat salt, unless it's seasalt. I have to eat as much organic food as possible, and only lean meat.
Basically, it's a detox diet. But even with all the dietary restrictions advised by my doctor, there's still quite a lot to eat. I can eat all meat (beef, chicken, fish, lamb, kangaroo), nuts (except peanuts), and there's a big range of vegetables available. There's no shortage of food here!