Sunday 15 June 2008

Tips: Anxiety

Anxiety is still a major problem that I'm having, but I'm working on it.

I find aromatherapy helps a lot.

I have a few bottles of essential oils that I use. I think the smell of lavender is very relaxing. Rose really helps if I'm feeling a bit angry. And I have a mixed bottle "for anxiety" that contains lavender, bergamot, ylang ylang and lime.

Every so often, it's nice to find a quiet room, get comfortable and dabble a small amount oil onto my wrists and temples, and just close my eyes.

Sometimes, I dabble some oil onto my wrists when I'm going out. So, if I start getting a bit anxious or panicky when I'm out, I can give my wrists a quick whiff, and the smell brings me back to that quiet room.

It's not a cure for anxiety, but I think it does help. At the very least, the oils have a pleasant smell.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anxiety can also be caused by hormonal imbalance. Your doc can test for this via an 'adrenal stress profile test'. Just a suggestion..:)
Regular meditation may help too. It's free!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've wondered if meditation would help. I have yet to find a book about meditation that I like though. Thanks for the tip about hormonal imbalances; I might ask my doctor about that the next time I see him.

Anonymous said...

http://www.cfidsselfhelp.org/artcl_stress_reduction.htm

Some meditation/relaxation tips/styles...:)