Friday 13 June 2008

The list of people I can talk to is dwindling

The stupid thing about CFS is that it makes you feel so alone.

I'm really jealous of my friend who's going to Africa. Deep down I know she's just talking about it because it's something she thinks I'd be interested in. But to me it just feels like she's rubbing it in my face. She's not, but it feels like it, you know?

I was going to vent about it on the CFS forum I joined, but I couldn't. I was afraid I'd get told off for seeing things negatively. The truth is, as great as it is to be part of a CFS community, they are, after all, still people. And some people don't know how to sugar coat things, or make other people feel better.

But I did smile a bit when I started reading a thread called "The dumbest 'cure' suggestions". At least there are some things about my situation that I can still laugh about.

No comments: