Wednesday 11 March 2009

Special circumstances for uni students with CFS

I was nervous about returning to uni after a year away from study. Mainly, I was worried about how I would cope with going to class.

It turns out I'm handling two-hour classes fine. The problem is my Friday class. It's a full-day intensive! There are four of these sessions, and I was only told about them last week (after I'd sufficiently badgered enough people, but that's another story not worth telling).

I couldn't imagine myself staying at uni from 10 am to 4 pm. Thankfully, neither could one of my tutors. She figured out a way for me to do the subject: I'll be doing two-hour sessions once a week, which should mean that I attend half the classes for that subject. They're going to let me attend the other half of the classes next semester.

I haven't worked out the admin side of things, but I'm hoping that'll all go smoothly. I'll find out when I go to class on Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My husband has recently started working with Dr Spittel for chronic fatigue caused by severe dysbiosis. He is up to the colon cleansing and s boulardii at the moment and the colon cleansing is knocking him for a six. Also it is costing us a fortune, but if he can get him better it will be the best money we ever spent.

Anonymous said...

I agree completely. It's a fortune, but if it works then it's definately worth it. I can't put into words how nice it is to have my life back. The colon cleansing wasn't fun - I only have to do it once a month now, which is much more manageable! I'm glad your husband found Dr Spittel, and I hope he starts to improve soon.