Tuesday 19 May 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel!

Sorry for my long absence (if anyone is indeed following this blog); I've been moving house, and we only just got broadband installed.

I have been really, really well. A few weeks ago I started going for light jogs -- I say light, because I really end up walking half the time and jogging the other half, but I'm happy with myself considering this time last year I could barely walk a few hundred metres (if that).

Last weekend I went away with a bunch of people and did a lot of walking and driving. I managed to get through the whole weekend without anyone even suspecting there's anything wrong with me. I think that's a sign I'm seriuosly on the mend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,

I've followed your blog for a while. It's great to hear that you are improving so much.
I think you were very, very lucky to find a doctor that understood all the various aspects involved in ME. I have ME for 15 years and only lately I started to realised that there are many things that need to be treated. To treat only one of them will never make me healthy. There aren't many doctors/therapists in the world who would have such an open mind and varied knowledge like the one you have been seeing.
Sometimes when I read your blog I would be really surprise that you were addressing all the things that took me years to find out.
Now I'm being treated by the Optimum Health Clinic in London and they are very good in searching for all the different causes involved in my particular case.

All the best in the world, I hope that you will get 100% recovered but I expect that will happen!

Kind regards,

Alexandra (from Portugal)

author said...

Hi Alexandra,

Thanks so much for your comment. I agree, I think I've been very lucky to find such a great doctor. I always complain about having had CFS/ME for a long time, but I suppose it's really nothing compared to 15 years!

You're quite right, I think, about having to treat the many problems at once. I think that's the key. I'm glad you've found the Optimum Health Clinic in London, and I hope you start to see some results from them.

All the best, Alexandra!

Cheers