Tuesday 16 June 2009

I survived a two day horse ride

You know things are going well (CFS-wise) when you survive a two day horse ride, and someone else does not.

This weekend I took a gamble and went on a two day ride in the high country. By the end of it, everyone else was sore, so I don't think I came out any worse off than the rest. One girl even decided not to ride the second day (although, to be fair, it was a preventative measure for an old injury) - I think everyone was surprised that it wasn't me sitting out.

It helped that I rode at a familiar place, and that the riding operator knew I wasn't 100%. He asked me if I needed a rest constantly. I never asked for one though. I did accept a lift in the vehicle at the end of the ride, when everyone else had to walk down a giant hill - but someone else also needed a ride. So, I think all in all, I can call it a success!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strange, but the adrenalin can do that when you live with CFS ... I am the same :) I have my own horses and a daughter who helps so much. When I am having a good day I do get a relaxing ride out ... no traininig, no competitions. Just a long n happy ride out ... my adrenalin helps. When I am home, I am left wondering if I will 'fall in a heap', wake up fatigued, or/ handle it! Blows me away :)