Monday 19 July 2010

Bad food

All still well over here. Even despite my recent bad food habits.

Part of my recovery program was a strict (and particular) food diet. In fact, it was probably the biggest part of my recovery - you are what you eat, right?

If I'm ever feeling like my level of health is getting dangerously low, I revert back to that diet. That is, gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, preservative-free, additive-free. And I wasn't allowed to eat random things like tomatoes (allergenic), potatoes (too high in carbs), oranges (allergenic), either. What could I eat, then? You ask. Lots of things. Basically it was a Stone Age diet. A small amount of meat, and lots and lots of veggies.

Eating a variety of raw veggies is astoundingly good for you. Eating well and healthily gives your body its best chance at fighting off disease. Will it treat CFS on its own? Maybe, maybe not. But it sure as hell helps.

No comments: