Monday 18 August 2008

My sixth MORA treatment

This week's MORA treatment was much the same as last week's. I had the treatment, and the nurse asked me her usual questions.

I asked the nurse about the issue with my feet today. Since the onset of my CFS, I've had tender soles. I described it to the nurse as feeling like I've been walking on rocks with bare feet for hours. She asked me if the pain is in a specific place, or across the whole foot; I said the pain was across the whole foot. She said it sounds like hypersensitivity. When she asked the doctor about it, he increased my dose of vitamin B complex.

After the MORA treatment was over, the doctor and the nurse stuck two little stickers with tiny balls underneath them to two points on my arms. Apparently they're meant to prolong the effects of my treatment.

I guess what most of you would like to know is whether or not I'm feeling any better. On the whole, the answer is a definate yes. My muscle strength has improved, my energy has improved, and my sleeping has improved. Having said that, I'm still not very independent, small tasks are still taxing for me, and I'm not really functioning as a normal person should. But the important thing is that I have improved. (In a way, I hope that makes people realise just how debilitated I was a few months ago.) I'm still feeling a bit lousy from the colon cleanse, but like I said last week, after the colon cleanse is done, I hope I'll start picking up even more.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Its really good and exciting to here you have started to feel some improvements. That thing about your feet doesn't sound comfortable at all though, is it a constant pain or does it come and go?

After the MORA treatment was over, the doctor and the nurse stuck two little stickers with tiny balls underneath them to two points on my arms.

You were a good girl and they gave you some stickers :P

Anonymous said...

lol! (Stickers...)

The feet thing only occurs when I'm walking. I can cope with the pain, it's just that it's really hindering my progress (it's a bit pointless having the energy or muscle strength to walk for longer if my feet can't take it)! *Rolls eyes* :)

Be a Goddess music said...

hello found you on ff !
wishing you healing !

sam x

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Sam! And thanks for the comment. :D See you on FF! :)