Monday 15 September 2008

My first weekend away in a while...

I'm really doing a lot better these days.

I went away this weekend to A's farm for the first time in a long while. I was more active than I expected to be.

I went for a short horse ride, a few short walks, and drove the four-wheel motorbike around to feed the sheep and explore my favourite part of the farm. I expected to spend the whole time indoors; I surprised myself.

Now I feel like how most people who don't know anything about CFS expect me to feel - most of my symptoms have toned down; fatigue and tiring easily are my main symptoms now. I still ache more than a normal person should after even light exhertion, but I find it wears off quicker now (in a day, as opposed to in a week).

It's amazing how much my quality of life has improved, simply from being able to stand for longer periods of time, and walk greater distances.

No comments: