Saturday 1 November 2008

My sixth appointment with Dr S

The plan for the next two months is fortnightly MORA lymphatic treatments until I see Dr S again in early January.

He's given me some remedies to improve my sleep cycle as well. I've been sleeping from about 2 am to 10 am every day. Every time I get my cycle back to a pattern where I sleep earlier and wake up earlier, I have someone over for dinner and they end up staying late, and it takes me weeks to get it right again. This time, I just haven't gotten it back to normal, so apparently these remedies will help me. Dr S said my sleep cycle can affect my progress, so it's important.

Dr S is a great doctor, but sometimes I wonder if he understands the situation fully. He expects that I can take trains everywhere, and that I was going to uni; which is just ridiculous... I don't know if I can be bothered explaining how physically and mentally exhausting CFS is again, and I don't know if you can be bothered listening again, so I won't go on; you know the story.

Anyway, he did say he shouldn't get complacent just because I don't complain a lot. I'm on a new type of medication that should help my gut bugs. I hope that encourages more improvements.

No comments: