Monday 27 October 2008

No-win situation

Sometimes I find CFS patients are in a no-win situation when it comes to chatting to people.

On the one hand, if we start talking about the horrible things CFS patients have to endure, we're accused of complaining or wallowing in self-pity. On the other hand, if we don't mention any bad stuff at all, everyone just assumes there's nothing wrong with us.

Sometimes I find it really difficult to strike a balance. Thankfully, my important friends seem to understand the situation.

2 comments:

Lenna said...

Lucky you- after struggling for almost two years now with a strange form of post viral syndrome, I was told by one of my closest friends that there's nothing wrong with me, I'm just lazy. Why? Because I stopped complaining :-)This is exactly why I don't complain anymore, so that I don't get this c...p from people that have no clue about how bad living with this can be.

Anonymous said...

I know just what you mean - it's one of those conditions where people really shouldn't be allowed to say we're lazy unless they've walked a mile in our shoes.