Wednesday 22 October 2008

Blood spinning

It sounds gross, I know. In reality, it's not so bad. The new kind of MORA treatment I'm getting is called blood spinning: the nurse pricks my finger to get a drop of blood, puts it in a special container that sits on top of the MORA machine, and presses the start button.

The theory behind blood spinning is that healthy blood spins in a certain direction and diseased blood spins in the opposite direction. Blood spinning encourages the blood in my body to spin in the healthy direction.

Okay, I'll admit that I don't understand it fully, but that's the gist of it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a really weird form of treatment. So what does the blood spinning actually do?!? Does the MORA machine take data from this to adjust the treatment your getting or something?

I'm very confused :S

Also, I didn't comment of your last post about catching a tram and going into the city on your own but that is really great news =] I hate catching trams they are so dirty...

Anonymous said...

Well, I think I said everything I know about it in my blog. All I know is that everything else the doc has done has helped, and that anything we don't understand has the potential to sound weird. I just can't afford to be skeptical right now.