Tuesday 30 December 2008

Post-Christmas update

So, I survived Christmas. My boyfriend’s mum turned out to be incredibly nice to me, which made my stay there so much more pleasant than it would have been otherwise. My stomach did get a little upset – I’m still not sure what caused it, but I suspect it was the water. I’ve been living off spring water and I forgot to bring some with me. Anyway, I’m back at home now (well, my second home, which is an empty farm house that belongs to my boyfriend’s uncle), and my stomach seems to have settled.

When I had a quiet moment at my boyfriend’s parents’ place, I asked my boyfriend’s dad why he got fired up about my diet. I asked (in a light-hearted way) if there was any reason why we weren’t getting along. I must have asked in a way that was too light-hearted, because he replied by saying “No, not at all! All’s good on our end of things”. I’d like to believe that’s true, but judging by the way he went off at my boyfriend about my diet, I’m not so sure. But I have little choice but to believe him.

No comments: