Monday 2 February 2009

Less is more

I'm finally at the end of a very busy week (by my current standards, anyway). I rescheduled today's nurse appointment, and I'm really glad I did. I really needed today off.

I've come to realise when it comes to "doing stuff" (for lack of better words), less is more. This weekend I enjoyed my friend's birthday party a lot, and I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much if I knew I had to save some reserves for driving myself to a nurse appointment today.

In the recent past, I've struggled to find a good reason to keep my activities in check, other than that I just can't handle it. Knowing I'll have a better time at fewer activities will make it easier to keep my activities at a manageable amount.

After all, what's the point of going to any social events if I'm going to be a worried sour-puss the whole time? It'll be a better use of my time if my thoughts aren't fixated on having enough energy for the next event.

No comments: