Tuesday 29 July 2008

Third MORA treatment

Last week I think I said I was on the proper MORA machine... well, I was wrong, I'm still on MORA Super, which is the gentler machine.

The treatment felt the same as last week's: I felt a bit more drained than usual afterwards, but I'm fine now. The nurse asked me some questions she asks me at every visit. Also, she asked me if I was all right. She said I looked a little bit worse than I did last week.

I've had a rough week. Mentally, I'm just kind of tired of dealing with my symptoms, and other people. As of today, it's been been a year since I first got sick. That's one year of my life I've spent being in pain, fatigued, confused, frustrated, and ridiculed... it's just quite a lot to bear. I might sound like I'm exaggerating, but, I've never wanted to yell out the saying "Don't judge someone else until you've walked a mile in their shoes" more. It's as though my life has kind of stagnated, and so all the little things that wouldn't usually bother me have accumulated.

Dr S said I might be crashing because I've been coming off nortripyline, which is quite an addictive drug, apparently. So he's booked me in for an "urgent" laser acupuncture session this Thursday.

The following Monday, I'll be having my third appointment with Dr S (these MORA treatments have just been nurse visits). I'll keep you updated on how I go.

No comments: