Friday 4 July 2008

Exercise

One of the things Dr S asked me to do is exercise.

Obviously, I can only do light exercise right now. Dr S said I should stick to walking for now.

He gave me a small booklet that has instructions on how to make an exercise planner, and what kinds of exercise I can do.

Basically, I have one "rest" day each week, and for the rest of the week, I have to alternate between aerobic exercise (walking) and resistence exercise (push-ups, and sit-ups, and so on).

I've been fairly good at sticking to the routine so far, and I am a whole one cm thinner than I was this time last week! (Although, I don't know if that's because of the exercise, the diet, or just luck!)

I thought I would keel over and pass out after a 20-minute walk, but I manage it, and I always feel a bit better after exercise, even if it is light.

No comments: