Monday 26 May 2008

Email

I sent this email to A's dad this morning.

(I've replaced the names with the code names we're using, for privacy reasons.)

"Hi [A's dad],

How are things going up at the farm? Hope all's well.

I just wanted to say again that I'm sorry [A] missed lunch with you all. I really don't like disrupting his social life, and I would never want to make anyone feel like they're trapped. These are difficult times for me, and even though I have a lot of great friends who have been extremely supportive, I would be lost without [A's] help.

I realise that as his parents you're just looking out for your son. I'm eternally grateful to [A] for sticking around, because I know for sure that not every guy would have. And the thing I find the most unfair and regret most about this whole thing is that I'm putting him through it.

The reason I haven't seen you guys in ages is because I was really hurt by some things that [A's mum] said to me when we had dinner that weekend you (kindly) came down to the city with some furniture. I was just so afraid it might happen again.

If you have any questions about things about the situation that are bothering you, please just pop it in an email or something and I'll to my best to explain it to you. I realise it's a really difficult illness to understand.

I hope that clears up a few things, and I'm sorry that I haven't explained it earlier.

Best wishes,

[my name]"


I really it hope it helps. I hate being in a fight with people.

I think I'll feel better about the situation between me and them if at least one of them begins to understand this all a bit better.

No comments: