Saturday 31 May 2008

Making slip-covers, and a CFS activity log

I woke up this morning and felt like I'd been hit like a bus.

I guess that's normal these days, but it felt worse today. I know why too: it's because I made a slip cover for one of the dining chairs yesterday. Crouching on the floor to draw the stencil and cut out the fabric uses more muscles than you think!

I only made one cover, because I had to limit myself, since I'm on my own this weekend. It was a good idea to limit myself. Imagine if I'd made three slip covers! I'd feel like I'd been hit by three buses! The cover I made didn't even fit in the end, because I sewed the wrong sides. I always do that!

Someone in the CFS online forum I joined posted an idea for dealing with CFS. The idea is that you write down the amount of hours you spend sleeping, resting, doing high activity things, doing medium activity things and low activity things. It's a great way to track progress (or lack of progress)! I think I'll start with yesterday. In a week's time I'll post my "hours".

No comments: