Tuesday 27 May 2008

I think I'm having visitors again

I think one thing I'm really lucky with, is how supportive some of my friends have been.

Some of them have asked if I'd be up to having visitors again some time soon. And they said that if I still need a bit of a break from visitors, they'd completely understand.

I think I'm ready to see people again, now. I mean, I probably won't be having people around every night, but it would be really nice to catch up with a few people to see what they've been up to. Especially since it's clear that they're just genuinely interested in coming over.

I've been emailing A's brother about the situation with his parents. I discovered that all I'd like is for them to be a bit more supportive.

If they could be supportive, I'd love to see them. The whole reason I've been put off having people over is because of the hurtful things A's mum said to me the last time she was here.

It's really quite simple. If someone comes to your house and makes the situation unpleasant, would you invite them over again?

A's brother said it'd be great if I could just try to have them over. But I can't see why I should try so hard to make things more comfortable for them, if they're not willing to do the same for me! I've already tried having them over. And they made me so upset that it exacerbated my symptoms! I just can't risk my health for them anymore, until they can at least try to understand.

No comments: