Wednesday 28 May 2008

ME/CFS Society of Victoria

I just tried visiting the ME/CFS Society of Victoria. We went all the way to Burwood, and it was closed.

To get to the building from the carpark, I had to walk up a giant hill. (They really didn't think of their client when they chose a location at the top of a hill!) And on the way back down (after finding out it was closed -- and going down is sometimes just as difficult as climbing up) I had a small kid on my heels, yelling and screaming the entire way down. (The ME/CFS Society is right next to a kindergarten.)

I don't know why the kid and her dad didn't just overtake us; I left so much space for them. Now my head is crowded from the yelling, and my going-downhll muscles are going to be aching for days.

It was a bloody waste of time. It's completely put me off going out again. I might as well just stay at home for the rest of my life and rot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Society suggests that you phone before calling personally. It is run mostly by volunteers, many of whom have CFS so there is not always someone available. The choice of site was probably subject to what was available within the budgetry constraints. The Society appreciates any help so you might consider volunteering on your better days.
One Who Knows.